• How long is a term in office?
    For President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer and two Trustees the term is two (2) years. One Trustee is an overlaping position and is for a term of 3 years.
  • How much are maintenance fees?
    Maintenance fees are currently $100 per year per lot. 
  • How will we know when there is a vacancy on the Board?
    The Association will notify the membership via newsletter and posting on the website.
  • Is there a scheduled payment plan for the fees?
    Yes, for unforseen emergencies (financial or medical). You must submit a request in writing prior to March 1 of the year.  You may pay$10.00 per month per lot (1 lot $10.00, 2 lots $20, etc).  You will not be sent an invoice each month, it is up to the member to submit payment when due. The payment will be due on the 10th of each month. There is a $5.00 late fee + interest if the payment is not received or postmarked by the due date.
  • What are the dates and times for the pool?
    The pool normally opens on the Memorial Weekend in May of each year and closes on Labor Day in September. It is open daily from 10 am to 7pm through July; then Friday - Monday through Labor Day. There are lifeguards on duty during hours of operation.
  • What are the requirements for a member to run for Association Office?
    Any member may run for office as long as he/she is a member in good standing. This entails owning property in Jourdan River Shores Subdivision and having all fees and assessments paid.
  • What are the setbacks as defined by the Association.
    All building must be single family residential built on site or true modular construction. The building must be set back 20' from the front property line, 10' from the rear property line, and 5' from each side line.
  • What happens if the fee is not paid by May 1?
    Each delinquent account will be sent a 30, 60, and 90 day past due notice.  Then a certified demand letter will be sent.  The delinquent member is then given 30 days to reconcile the account.  If payment is not received, the account is turned over to the Association Attorney for collection.  Should this be our course of action and litigation results, as specified in the bylaws and covenants, the property owner will be responsible for court costs, attorney fees, and any other costs of collection as allowed by Mississippi State Law.
  • What is the advantage of having the plans approved by JRS?
    Our covenants have more lenient setbacks than the county code.  If the plans are approved, you will be granted the JRS setbacks without having to ask for a variance from the county code.  This will save time and energy.
  • What is the make up of the Board of Directors?
    President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer, and three Directors.
  • What is the phone number and address of the water and sewer company?
    Kiln Utility & Fire District
    16154 Fire Department Road, P.O. Box 508, Kiln, MS 39556
    p 228-255-2595
    f 228-255-3177
  • What must I do in order to build on my property?
    All new construction plans must be approved by the JRS Board. Submit your plans at least 45 days before construction is to be started.  After the plans are approved, you must obtain a building permit from the Hancock Co Building Department, 854 Hwy 90, Bay St. Louis, (228) 467-4157. Tracy O'Neal permit clerk. toneal@co.hancock.ms.us
  • When are Board Meetings held?
    The Board of Directors generally meet on the first Thursday of the month at the JRS Office located 6383 Pontiac Dr. at 6pm. This is an open meeting and can be attended by members who wish to address the board. You my call or write in advance so that you can be placed on the agenda.
  • When are general membership meeting held?
    The Association has 4 quarterly meetings per year. These meeting are held on a Saturday in February, May, August and November of each year at 10 am.  The specific date is communicated in the Quarterly Newsletter and on the website.  Special membership meetings may be called at anytime for important business that cannot wait for a regularly scheduled meeting.  The membership will be notified by postcard and on the website.
  • When are membership fees due?
    Membership fee bills are mailed in February of each year.  The fee is due on March 1 and will become delinquent on May 1.  Your payment must be received or postmarked by April 30.  If the fee is not paid by May 1, a delinquent charge of $25.00 + interest will be added to any delinquent account.  Checks should be made payable to Jourdan River Shores Property Owners Association or JRSPOCA.
  • Where are membership meeting held?
    The meetings are held at the Jourdan River Shores Clubhouse at 6383 Pontiac Drive.
  • Where can I obtain a copy of the Bylaws and Covenants?
    These documents are posted on the website in PDF format.  You will need Adobe PDF reader to open the file.  A hard copy can be obtained at the JRS Office 6383 Pontiac Dr. Kiln, MS.  You can stop by the office to get a copy or call the office  for assistance.
  • Where do I pay my maintenance fees?
    Maintenance fees can be mailed to :
    Jourdan River Shores Property Owners Association (JRSPOCA)
    P.O. Box 245
    Kiln, MS  39556
    You may hand deliver your payment to Ann Lumpkin, the Office Assistant, at the Jourdan River Shores Clubhouse at the entrance on Pontiac Drive.
  • Where do I pay my property taxes?
    Hancock County Tax Assessor Jimmy Ladner
    Tax Assessor/Collector Annex Office
    854 Highway 90, Suite C
    Bay St. Louis, MS 39520
    ‚Äč(228) 467-4425
    Tax Assessor/Collector Satellite Office
    18335 Highway 603
    Kiln, MS 39556
    (228) 255-8746 / (228) 255-8747
  • Where do I report street lights that are out?
    Report street lights to Coast Electric at (228) 363-7000.  Give the location and the problem.
  • Who do I contact if I want to build a bulkhead or dock?
    Contact the Mississippi Department of Marine Resources at (228) 475-7047 or (228) 432-7708 for information on obtaining a permit.
  • Who is responsible for maintenance of the streets and ditches? Who do I call if there is a problem?
    The streets are county roads.  If you have a problem (pothole, drainage problem, etc.) call the County Barn (Road Supervisor) at (228) 255-3367.